The scrum master provides support to their teams for the planning and executing of work. The facilitate stand up meetings and assist in removing obstacles to work completion.
- Guide technical teams on disciplined Agile/Scrum practices Guide the team on self-organization to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of a team and coach teams to higher levels of maturity
- Build a collaborative environment where problems are identified quickly, addressed, and resolved
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution of issues that arise
- Support and educate the project leads, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
Required Skills / Experience:
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience as the Scrum Master for at least 3 years for a software and/or technical development team that was diligently applying agile principles, practices, and theory to medium to large application development
- Must be proficient in backlog tracking, team metrics, and story definition.
- Must understand the fundamentals of software development, quality assurance and production support of mission critical systems
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and transparency
- Must understand Agile principles and prioritize business objectives well enough to know what principles to stress at certain times of project and product lifecycle.
- Must understand project risks and drive tough decisions as early as possible in project and product lifecycle.
- Must be energetic and able to work as needed to achieve project deadlines.