AAIS is seeking an attorney to provide counsel on legal, compliance, and regulatory matters related to company property and casualty insurance products. The candidate will gain valuable skills and experience analyzing insurance issues in multiple jurisdictions and reviewing insurance policy language and compliance matters.
The position can be remote.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and draft language for policy forms, endorsements, and other policyholder materials for company products.
- Analyze bills, statutes, regulations, and case law relevant to property and casualty insurance to determine impact on company products.
- Counsel internal business partners on compliance and other legal issues.
- Research and analyze legal questions pertaining to policy language, judicial and regulatory trends, and general corporate matters.
- Develop expertise in emerging areas of insurance coverage, operations, and governance.
- Periodically attend industry trade events and conferences. This position involves some travel (approx. 5-15%).
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of standard property and casualty insurance products and coverages.
- Understanding of insurance industry, law, regulations, and governance.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain complex legal issues to non-lawyers.
- Proven legal research and analysis skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems and develop informed conclusions on legal and regulatory matters.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and LexisNexis®.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
Education and Experience
- JD and admission to the bar of at least one U.S. state.
- Minimum of 5 years' of relevant experience, preferably related to property and casualty insurance coverage or claims.
- Experience drafting corporate contracts and/or insurance policies is a plus.
Resumes forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org