Under general supervision, responsible for developing loss costs and other rating plan elements based on actuarial and financial analyses.
- Analyze data to determine relationships, trends, issues.
- Participate in development of business recommendations and analysis of strategies.
- Utilize actuarial techniques and applicable analytic tools to improve and innovate ways of analyzing data.
- Calculate loss costs and rating factors for new or existing products.
- Perform research and other statistical analyses.
- Typically assigned to perform countrywide loss cost reviews for a line of business, analyzing assigned rating components, provide support and recommendations through collaboration with more senior actuaries and business partners.
- Work collaboratively to share analyses, insights and observations within the actuarial department and other functions/areas.
- Communicate regarding current projects and overall analysis within actuarial team.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Perform assigned work under immediate or general supervision.
- Exercise limited judgment in accordance with policies and guidelines.
- Deliver quality work product within agreed timeframe.
- Proficient with standard software packages including MS Office.
- Ability to learn additional tools that aid actuarial work (e.g., SAS, SQL, catastrophe modeling software, etc.).
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to accurately perform complex actuarial analyses.
- Bachelors degree with emphasis in mathematics, statistics or related field.
- 2-5 years of insurance experience and 3-5 actuarial exams.
- May provide direction to trainees/interns and/or technical assistance for projects.
- Computer use more than 50% of the work day.
- Phone use 20-25% of the work day.
Resumes forwarded to: email@example.com