Legislation - Covid-19 Resource Site
DOI & Legislation Dashboard Archived
The following dashboard is organized into various sections of interest represented as cards, which includes a map at the center to represent activity by state on COVID-19 related issues. The dashboard is designed to be interactive so a user can hone in on specific areas of interest. For example, you can select a single or multiple bars or pie slices to filter the information down to what is of concern. You can also select a state, region, or group of states within the map and a range of dates in the upper right. To clear filtered selections, refresh the page or click within a blank space on any of the cards. The dashboard is continually being updated by the AAIS legal team as COVID-19 issues develop nationally.
Because of the reduction in COVID-19-related legislation and department of insurance publications, AAIS will no longer be updating this dashboard as of December 2021. We recognize that much of the historical information contained within the dashboard remains useful to the industry and marketplace and have archived those resources here.
For further questions, please reach out to the AAIS Government Affairs, Legal, and Compliance team at: AAISLegal@AAISonline.com.
Archive: Coverage Issues
- 4/30/21 - Alaska: Enacted Bill Extends Public Health Emergency
- 4/5/21 - Arizona: Arizona Enacts Civil Liability Immunity Legislation
- 4/5/21 - Arkansas: Arkansas Enacts COVID-19 Tort Immunity Legislation
- 2/12/21 - Alabama: Alabama Enacts Civil Immunity Legislation
- 12/4/20 - District of Columbia: D.C. Enacts Second Commercial Insurance Claim Tolling Emergency Act of 2020 (Act 23-427)
- 7/27/20 - District of Columbia: D.C. Enacts Commercial Insurance Claim Tolling Emergency Act of 2020
- 3/29/21 - Florida: Florida Bill Includes COVID-19 Related Claims Liability Protections
- 8/5/20 - Georgia: Georgia COVID-19 Pandemic Business Safety Act Enacted
- 8/27/20 - Idaho: Idaho Enacts Coronavirus Limited Immunity Act
- 3/18/21 - Indiana: Indiana Enacts Civil Liability Immunity Bill
- 6/18/20 - Iowa: Iowa Enacts Civil Liability Legislation to Provide Civil Liability Immunity
- 5/4/21 - Kansas: Kansas Extends Civil Liability Immunity to 2022
- 4/2/21 - Kansas: Kansas Amends COVID-19 Response and Reopening for Business Liability Act
- 1/25/21 - Kansas: Enacted Kansas Senate Bill Extends Civil Liability Immunity to March 31st
- 6/8/20 - Kansas: Kansas Enacted House Bill 2016 Includes Civil Liability Immunity
- 4/11/21 - Kentucky: Kentucky Enacts Civil Liability Immunity Legislation
- 4/6/20 - Louisiana: Legislation Would Require Certain Perils Be Covered Under Business Interruption Insurance During the Coronavirus
- 4/12/20 - Louisiana: Legislation Would Require Property Policies to Cover Cost of Disinfecting Fumigation Because of COVID-19
- 3/24/20 - Massachusetts: Bill Would Require Insurers to Provide Business Interruption Insurance Coverage in Connection with the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 10/22/20 - Michigan: Bill Provides Civil Liability Immunity Retroactive to March 1st
- 4/29/20 - Michigan: Legislation Introduced that would Require Retroactive Business Income Coverage
- 7/8/20 - Mississippi: New Mississippi Law Provides Civil Liability Immunity for Businesses and Products
- 7/7/21 - Missouri: Legislation Enacted to Provide COVID-19 Liability Protections
- 2/10/21 - Montana: Montana Revises Civil Liability Laws in Response to COVID-19
- 8/11/20 - Nevada: New Law Limits Civil Liability of Certain Businesses
- 6/4/21 - New Jersey: Enacted New Jersey Law Sets Expiration Date for Grace Period
- 3/11/21 - North Carolina: NC Amends Civil Liability Immunity Provisions
- 9/9/20 - North Carolina: COVID-19 Limited Immunity Act Enacted in North Carolina
- 7/2/20 - North Carolina: North Carolina Enacts Legislation to Provide Limited Immunity from Liability for COVID-19 Claims
- 3/22/20 - Pennsylvania: Bill Would Require COVID-19 Business Interruption Coverage With Reimbursement for Insurer
- 4/28/21 - South Carolina: South Carolina Enacts Civil Liability Immunity Legislation
- 2/17/21 - South Dakota: South Dakota Enacts Bill to Limit Liability for Certain Exposures to COVID-19
- 3/11/21 - West Virginia: West Virginia Enacts Act Including Civil Liability Immunity
- 3/25/21 - Wisconsin: Wisconsin Enacts Civil Liability Exemption
- 4/6/21 - Wyoming: Wyoming Further Amends Civil Liability Immunity Legislation
Question and Disclaimer
Contact the AAIS GLC Team at AAISLegal@AAISonline.com for content issues on this page.
COVID-19 Resource Support Hours: Monday - Friday 7am - 9pm EST. Click here to report any technical issues.
Disclaimer: The resources and materials listed above are for informational purposes only. AAIS does not provide legal advice; the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. The information provided is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all laws, legislation, regulations, litigation, or other resources or authority that may apply to COVID-19 or related matters. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for independent research, review, or analysis. AAIS makes no representations, warranties, or guaranties, express or implied, with respect to the completeness or accuracy of the information provided or represented, or its fitness for any particular purpose.