AAIS is committed to providing cost-effective, user-friendly data and information services for the benefit of its participating insurers.
To this end, AAIS has acquired and developed data resources critical to the success of property/casualty insurers, including:
- A rich repository of premium and loss data from insurers;
- Demographic, geographic, climatic, and other types of data acquired from public and private sources;
- Highly-skilled staff experienced in the collection, analysis, and reporting of data.
AAIS takes in vast amounts of raw data from insurers and other sources, adds value through expert analysis using state-of-the-art software applications, and returns value to participating insurers in the form of loss costs, refined rating plans, and special reports.
The AAIS Commitment
Few companies are in a position to develop or acquire these capabilities on their own. Thanks to AAIS's investment in this area, they don't have to.
Our investment in information services is the measure of AAIS's commitment to maintaining a data resource available to insurers to promote a strong, competitive marketplace.
We believe industry data should not be owned dominantly by one entity and used to extract profits from the very companies that provide the data.
To back up our commitment to maintaining an independent data resource, AAIS makes it as easy as possible for insurers to contribute their own data and benefit from this enterprise.
Insurers can derive several benefits from contributing data to AAIS:
- Compliance with regulatory reporting requirements through a licensed statistical agent;
- Manual rating information that incorporates their own loss experience;
- Customized reports on individual company experience, available by request; and
- Periodic data reports on causes of loss and other experience in various lines.
More importantly, insurers who contribute data to AAIS will be sustaining an independent data resource dedicated to serving the industry and making innovative approaches to rating available to all companies.
Companies can choose among a variety of ways to contribute data to AAIS. Using traditional statistical plans or a variety of other formats, and transmitting via e-mail, FTP or other means, individual companies will have support from skilled AAIS staff to determine the easiest, most cost-effective way to contribute data to AAIS.
Insurance companies seeking more information on AAIS products and services can contact Rick Maka, director of marketing and strategic alliances, at our contact form , or by calling 800-564-AAIS, ext. 222.