Welcome to AAISonline. This document explains the terms and conditions for using this site, and our policy regarding information collected from users of the site.
AAIS reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time, and the right to deny anyone access to the site at any time.
All information on AAISonline is copyrighted property of the American Association of Insurance Services, Inc., Wheaton, Ill. Any duplication or redistribution of any content on AAISonline without written approval from AAIS is prohibited.
Request for permission to use information on AAISonline should be directed to Joseph Harrington.
Permission to use copyrighted images and other information of third parties used on AAISonline must be secured directly from the copyright holder.
- The content of AAISonline has been designed solely for purposes of general information, except where otherwise noted.
- Content on AAISonline does not alter, supplant, or supersede what is written in AAIS policy forms, manuals, bulletins, or any other forms of information provided by AAIS
- Information on AAISonline does not constitute or create any contractual commitment on the part of AAIS.
- AAIS reserves the right to add, modify, and/or remove content of AAISonline at any time.
- Neither AAIS nor any other content provider shall be liable for any error, omission, inaccuracy, use, or misuse of information available on AAISonline.
- AAISonline provides links to other websites, but AAIS does not control those sites and is not responsible for their content, maintenance, or effects on users who visit those sites.
- Certain content on AAISonline will be restricted to registered users. Access by unauthorized users is prohibited.
- AAIS information and access to third party services are provided "as is" with no warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, as to its accuracy, merchantability, suitability, or any other quality. In no event will AAIS be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages for any use or reliance on its information or access to third party services, including but not limited to lost profits, business interruptions, loss of programs or other data.
- AAIS information may contain technical or typographical errors, and AAIS may make improvements and changes to the information.
- AAIS expressly disclaims any warranties, expressed or implied, relating to viruses, "worms", "Trojan Horses", and other types of destructive coding.
No Guarantee of Confidentiality
- AAIS does not guarantee the confidentiality of messages and other information transmitted to us in any form. AAIS is free to make use of messages and ideas transmitted to AAIS, subject to copyright protections on materials transmitted by one party but produced by another.
- Our web server may write a small computer file called a "cookie" to your hard drive to facilitate your use of the site and to collect information on how AAISonline is used. Any cookies used by us do not capture or contain personal identifying information, and most web browsers allow you to erase or block cookies.
- AAISonline collects certain personal identifying information voluntarily submitted by registered users, and by users who voluntarily register for meetings, web seminars, and other offerings.
- Any identifying information submitted to AAIS is protected from unauthorized disclosure, access, and use by physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards.
- AAIS does not sell, rent, or lease customer lists to third parties.
- Some identifying information may be shared with individuals or organizations outside of AAIS if it is related to the purpose for which the information was submitted. For example, outside co-presenters of a web seminar may receive a list of participants. A vendor may be notified if someone submits a question about a product or service. Also, information submitted to AAISonline may be used to contact you with announcements or inquiries regarding products, services, meetings, surveys, or other reasons related to AAIS.
- Information submitted in response to employment opportunities is submitted directly to our human resources department and is not stored or shared for any other purpose.