AAIS is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a flexible work schedule, and a business casual work environment. Our office is conveniently located in Wheaton, IL. (25 miles west of downtown Chicago) with close proximity to I-88, I-355 and Routes 38 and 56
To respond to posted positions and explore career opportunities, please submit your resume and salary requirements to:
AAIS Human Resources | 1745 S. Naperville Road | Wheaton, IL 60189-5898
Fax: (630) 690-7117 | Email: hr@AAISonline.com
Competencies regularly sought
As a specialized organization serving the property/casualty insurance industry, AAIS often has job openings for individuals with skills and training related to our core services. People with educational or professional background in the following areas are always welcome to contact AAIS about current or future opportunities:
- Product development of insurance policy forms, endorsements, and manuals;
- Actuarial science;
- Filing of insurance products with state regulators;
- Computer programming and statistical analysis (in combination);
- Software design and maintenance.
Background and Purpose
The American Association of Insurance Services (AAIS), an insurance advisory organization with over 50 years of service to the insurance industry, is seeking an Associate Actuary. We provide countrywide product and rating information for twenty six property/casualty lines of insurance and take pride in our service and responsiveness to the needs of 700 property/casualty insurance companies.
As a statistical agent, AAIS collects large amounts of industry loss experience totaling in billions of annual written premium for major P&C insurance lines. To develop a comprehensive view of insurance risk, AAIS licenses catastrophe modeling software and software for multivariate analysis. AAIS actuarial group consists of five highly motivated employees with diverse background and strong focus on delivering quality work products for our affiliated companies.
We are looking to fill a vacated position responsible for pricing commercial lines of insurance. A successful candidate must have in-depth knowledge and hands on experience with the application of standard actuarial methods and be willing to learn new techniques. Such an individual must have solid understanding of key statistical concepts such as analysis of variance and regression techniques.
In pricing various insurance coverages, an Associate Actuary will be expected to perform hands on work with large volume of industry loss experience data, use catastrophe modeling software to calculate catastrophe loads, and apply generalized linear modeling techniques to develop and refine rating plans.
- Pricing commercial lines of insurance including commercial property, commercial liability and BOP
- Research and development
- Preparation of actuarial documentation for commercial lines filings
- DOI communication and negotiation
- Project management
We are seeking a professional, motivated candidate possessing the following qualities:
- Completion of five actuarial exams, ACAS designation preferred
- 5 years pricing experience in property/casualty commercial lines
- Possess well developed technical skills, SAS experience preferred
- Exhibit excellent written communication skills and experience with P&C filings
- Proven track record of creativity and problem solving skills
The Account Executive is responsible for generating revenue growth and increased market share for AAIS products. The Account Executive identifies and develops new business relationships and deepens existing client relationships while achieving sales objectives. The position works with Product Managers and Customer Engagement Staff for the achievement of revenue objectives in line with AAIS mission and values.
- Understand AAIS products and lines of business
- Capitalize on knowledge of the property casualty insurance industry, including competitors and trends to grow the business
- Ability to analyze and evaluate customers' book of business in relation to AAIS products and present solutions
Relationship Building and Sales
- Rely upon superior interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain interaction from executive level to line staff for customer satisfaction
- Use business consulting and sales skills expertise to grow market share
- Manage a complex sales cycle which includes 23 lines of business in the property and casualty insurance markets
- Knowledge and application of all aspects of the sales process
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Superior interpersonal skills - build trust, value others, drive execution, collaborate with others and solve problems
- Strong communication skills - including presentation, business writing, negotiating and relationship management
- Ability to close sales
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospect and clients of the various solutions AAIS offers to their business issues
- Ability to ask probing questions and synthesize market information for improving product and service offerings.
- Ability to identify market segments and opportunities within the AAIS market space and formulate a sales strategy.
- 5 - 6 years sales experience
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas
- 50 - 60% travel
The Product Manager grows revenue and profitability in a specific line of business by increasing affiliations to AAIS for their line of business. They build innovative products from the concept stage to full product implementation including business development and sales support. They work collaboratively with product development staff to insure that forms are created that meet market needs.
- Participates in company-wide product governance and drives new product innovation projects to completion directly and through others
- Collaborates with customer engagement and sales across all phases of product design from ideation to implementation, customer calls and onboarding of new customers
- Regularly conduct market scans and pricing analyses and develop a product line strategic plan in support of AAIS’ growth
- Provide direction to forms development staff on market needs and trends on the line of business
- Manage and mentor staff to ensure the team delivers superior customer service and meets project deadlines
- Collaborate with Government Affairs to ensure all regulatory requirements are properly analyzed and responses executed in a timely manner
- Communicate and maintain relationships with current affiliates regarding their business needs
- Collaborate with actuarial staff on competitive pricing and business requirements of affiliates
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to align products, services and packaged offerings
- Be the content expert on the line of business in order to consult with affiliates and potential affiliates
- Speak at industry forums; business meetings; and conventions as subject matter expert in the line of business
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of insurance business operations and financials including profit and loss key indicators
- Thorough understanding of AAIS and competitor products and related insurer issues
- Consultative selling skills
- Presentation skills with a variety of audiences using presentation technology, videoconferencing and audio conferencing
- Superior relationship management skills
- Project management skills for product development with cross functional teams
- Proficient in use of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, email and customer resource management software
- Ability to travel for meetings with customers, state regulators and business partners
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree
7 - 10 years of business line experience and knowledge