Every AAIS affiliate receives a copy of the AAIS Compliance Guide, a comprehensive compendium of information on rate and form filing requirements, plus other compliance matters, for all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. (An electronic copy is also available for purchase by other companies.)
This resource is an invaluable aid to companies as they navigate the many regulations issued by state departments of insurance. Among other things, the Compliance Guide provides:
- A summary of state filing requirements for personal and commercial lines;
- A listing of website addresses to determine which states require checklist(s) with filings;
- Company action needed to implement AAIS filings;
- Readability guidelines;
- Filing guidelines for dec pages, policy jackets, applications, binders and certificates;
- Guidelines for filing traditionally “nonfiled” inland marine forms;
- Filing requirements for loss estimates supplements; and
- A directory of insurance departments, satellite offices, and Web addresses.
Insurance companies seeking more information on AAIS products and
services can contact Rick Maka, director of marketing and strategic
alliances, at our contact form , or by calling 800-564-AAIS, ext. 222.