Lisle, Ill., Jan. 26, 2016—“New Risk, New Responses, New Resources” is the theme of the 2016 “Main Event” conference sponsored by the American Association of Insurance Services (AAIS).
The conference is scheduled for April 24-26 in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. To register, go to www.aaisonline.com.
AAIS is a national advisory organization that provides policy forms, rating information, and automation support to more than 700 property/casualty insurers; one does not have to be from an AAIS member company to attend the Main Event.
This year's Main Event is devoted to the responses AAIS and its partners are making to emerging and evolving risks in personal, commercial, agricultural, and inland marine insurance. Property/casualty professionals who attend will learn about critical issues for insurance product design and performance, and they will hear about several key AAIS initiatives, including:
- · A new AAIS Personal Auto policy, slated to become available over time as a standard industry form;
- · Endorsements addressing the use of aerial drones in agriculture and commercial operations;
- · Progress in AAIS initiatives to help the industry collect and organize data; and
- · An impending update of the AAIS Farmowners program.
Several prominent speakers will address at the general sessions, including:
- · Robert Rusbuldt, president and CEO of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America (IIABA);
- · Dr. Tom McKinnon, founder and CTO of Agribotix, a firm that utilizes aerial drones in agriculture;
- · Shelby Clark, founder of RelayRides and Peers.org, a sharing economy pioneer;
- · Arthur Seifert, president of Glatfelter Program Managers; and
- · Werner Kruck, COO of Security First Ins. Co., a carrier that specializes in Florida homeowners insurance.
As in the past, there will be a separate track on Tuesday, April 26 for inland marine product managers and specialists.
Robert Guevara, AAIS vice president of inland marine, and Sheila Morris, AAIS manager of inland marine, will be on hand to lead a session that explore emerging trends in construction and cargo exposures. Several organizations have been invited to send speakers, and two highly regarded individuals have agreed to join the session:
- · Mark Katz, an attorney with Mound Cotton Wollan & Greengrass; and
- · Jean Gardner, an attorney and CEO of the Central Analysis Bureau.
Go to www.aasionline.com for more information regarding the 2016 Main Event program. For information about sponsoring a social event, contact Kristin Bullock, AAIS manager of promotions and events, at email@example.com or by calling 630-457-3247.