IN THIS ADVISORY
- Registration open for 2011 Main Event conference
- Conference explores growing role of mobile technology
- Speakers address politics, emerging exposures, and AAIS product updates
- Separate inland marine track focuses on cargo and logistics
- Attendees can choose among five roundtable discussions
Registration Open for 2011 Main Event Conference
Registration is now open for the 2011 AAIS Main Event, April 10-12 at the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club, Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
The AAIS Main Event is recognized as a valuable conference for executive-level presentations on product-related issues of strategic importance.
This meeting has drawn about 200 attendees in recent years, many of them senior executives and department heads of regional carriers, plus product specialists at major national carriers and representatives of the major international reinsurers and other industry organizations.
One hallmark of the event is that the entire group stays together for most business and social events. Each attendee has ample opportunity to meet every other attendee, and plenty of shared program content to talk about.
- The "early bird" deadline for a discounted conference registration fee is Feb. 28.
- The deadline for reserving a room at the conference resort hotel at the AAIS group rate is March 7.
For questions about the conference, contact Joseph Harrington, director of corporate communications, at our contact form or by calling 800-564-AAIS, ext. 217.
Conference Explores Growing Role of Mobile Technology
The conference program opens on Monday morning, April 11, with presentations and discussion on how mobile technology is being used to collect and transmit information among policyholders, agents, underwriters, claims representatives, regulators, and other stakeholders.
Our speakers for this segment include:
- Jamie Bisker, IBM Global Non-Life Segment Manager
- Martina Conlon, a principal in the insurance practice of the research firm Novarica; and
- A panel of insurance company executives discussing how they are using or plan to use mobile technology.
Complete details on the conference program are available online.
Speakers Address Politics, Emerging Exposures, and AAIS Product Updates
On Tuesday morning, April 12, the conference program resumes with another three-part session.
AAIS staff members will open with a presentation on AAIS product developments over the previous 12 months.
This will include, among other things, status reports on the development of by-peril rating plans and the development and/or filing of new personal, commercial, and agricultural umbrella liability programs.
After that, attendees will hear from two outside experts on topics of pressing concern to P/C executives:
- Thomas Litjen, vice president of federal affairs for the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCI), addressing "politics and products;" and
- Tony Zelle, chairman of the Defense Research Institute's insurance law committee, addressing "emerging exposures."
Separate Inland Marine Track Focuses on Cargo and Logistics
For the second year, the Main Event includes a separate, concurrent inland marine track on Tuesday, April 12. The content of this program provides up-to-date information of value to inland marine specialists, but also of interest to others who want to learn more about the line.
The 2011 inland marine track focuses on risks in cargo and logistics operations, both covered under inland marine insurance.
Our speakers include:
- Steven Baker, senior economist for FedEx;
- Jean Gardner, chief executive officer of the Central Analysis Bureau; and
- Robert Guevara, AAIS vice president of inland marine.
Details of the inland marine presentations are available online.
Attendees Can Choose Among Five Roundtable Discussions
Some of the best-received and most highly valued segments of the Main Event are the roundtable discussions where attendees share ideas about product-related issues with their peers and AAIS staff.
This year the conference features five roundtables:
- Executive, led by Paul Baiocchi, AAIS president and CEO
- Personal Lines, led by Susan Luecke, assistant vice president for personal lines
- Commercial Lines, led by Tony Leist, assistant vice president for commercial lines
- Inland Marine, led by Robert Guevara, vice president for inland marine
- Farm & Ag Lines, led by Sherry Taylor, manager of farm and agribusiness
As in the past, the Main Event also features a golf outing, an optional event for non-golfers, receptions, breakfasts and a closing social event. Details on the conference social events are also available online.
Transmitted by the American Association of Insurance Services, 1745 S. Naperville Road, Wheaton, IL 60189.